Saturday, July 20, 2013

why do people keep telling me that my baby is a choosy eater!? and i should eat everything and anything, ignoring the gag effect it has on me, if not, next time my baby will not eat everything i put on her plate!? what nonsense is this? is there an article or some scientific proven logic behind all these?

yes, i did loose abit of weight at the beginning but its not uncommon right?

you know what, i actually secretly liked the fact that my baby has a palate for good food. i have never in my life been a fussy eater - nice or not nice i still will eat. but because of her, i have a reason not to eat yucky food.

she does not not eat fish.

she just does not like fishy smelling fish. she enjoys nicely pan-fried salmon and will not miss a chance to have a slice of batang in front of her unless its cooked in assam. just like her dad, she does not like assam, at all. she loves fish soup just like her daddy and i could eat them for days straight.. fyi, the fish soup she adores is the best one around my office. too bad it moved. i really love my baby's taste for good food. =)

and so what if she does not eat much fish? she does not give me any problems with the veggies & fruits and i am eating them so much more than before. just that bittergourd would taste more bitter than usual. she constantly crave for lychees and durians. too bad, my mom has gestation diabetes so i cant have as much durians as she likes. she has also taken a liking to tomatoes and fresh persimmons - her daddy favourite fruits which i dont like at all. she loves milk, chocolate ones especially. she is quite a healthy eater right? so proud of her.

but she can be quite silly at times too. there was a time, she made me craved for prawn noodles but because my dr told me to avoid seafood in my first trimester, i could only think about it for days. later i decided that a bowl would not hurt much and i finally got my hands on one but she only want beehoon and soup. -_-"

and the other time, she wanted hor fun so badly that all i could think of the whole morning was the taste of hor fun in my mouth. so lunch finally came after 4hrs of wait but when i saw the plate, i did not want it anymore. i made myself eat a few mouths not to waste my money, but the more i ate, i am sure i was going to puke. =(

days later, i told the hubs about his baby wasting my money on a plate of hor fun that she made me buy but refused to eat. and the first thing he said was, must be the kway teow not fried enough, i dont like my hor fun 白白的. 
he is so darn right. when i saw the kway teow not the usual dark brown color, i was already turn off by it. and when i ate it, it does not have the "wok smell" which makes me want to puke.

my baby is not a choosy eater..

...she just likes to eat nice food.

you probably would also notice that her tastebud is akin to the hub's - daddy's little girl.
so shoo, go along with your life and leave me and baby alone with the good food.

No comments: