Wednesday, August 07, 2013

On the bus to the hospital for my monthly date with the gynae.. Quite anxious about the results.. :(

The last visit was one of the worst day of my pregnancy.. At then, I am reminded that the worst that could happened during a pregnancy is not the morning sickness or weird symptoms but hearing that the baby is not doing well.. From the first appointment, I always have a mixed feeling when I go for the check ups - am excited to see minibean on the scan and see her growth but at the same time I am always holding my breath till I hear the gynae says, your baby is fine/growing well! 

The last 20-weeks scan did not go too well.. They found that minibean had slightly more than average amount of fluid in one of her brain ventricles.. The gynae push for an amniocentesis test schedule the next day as she was concern it might be a symptom of downs :(

Everything after that was a whirlwind. Only remember the consultant reassuring us that the risk is relatively low - 1 in 300. After debating with the hubs for almost an hour, we decided to go for it to get ourselves prepared if there was wrong with minibean. 

On the way to the hospital the next day, I suddenly realised that 300 is not really a big number as I thought it was.. If everyday, they would perform 2-5 such test, a year would have about 2-4 deaths!! o.O

Anyway it was too late and fortunately the test went smoothly and minibean is still in my tummy :)

However, my bad days were still not over.. I waited patiently by my phone for two weeks for someone to call me about the results.. No one called.. So I called them.. Department A told me to call Department B and so on and so forth.. finally after 2 days I manage to talk to a nurse and I really think they could work on their bedside skill.. :(

I was told that nobody called because my results shows that I do not need urgent attention.. So I asked if everything is fine then? No I can't really say that...

At that point, I really give up.. :(

Reaching the hospital soon already.. Are you ready minibean? 

No comments: