Friday, May 31, 2013

i have been working on a file lately and the more i go into it.. the more frustrated i am with the jr i worked with on the file. other colleagues have asked me to "cool down" and take care of my moods. i tried and failed.

i have been asking myself why. and today i suddenly realised why i cant "just relax" about it.

i am intolerant to careless mistakes and people who dont bother to check their work. i am not saying that i am perfect but at least i bother. the mistakes that i spotted is really alot and most of them i have already instructed to amend but someone just dont seems to be bothered. constant reminders to check the work also fall on deaf ears.

so why am i so bothered? my dad's fault.

i am really born an absent-minded person. always forgetting where i left my toys and crying over it. mummy would always help me find them later but not before giving me a good lashing for being forgetful. when i started school, i would start loosing water bottles, favourite story books or some pretty stationery. school work was filled with silly mistakes here and there.

i think my dad realised that my forgetfulness was getting worse... glad that he didnt gave up on me and label me "just careless/forgetful".. =P

so they tone down the scolding and put them into actions instead. when i misplace my water bottle, instead of replacing it with a fancy new one, they would "downgrade" my water bottle to those cheap kind. i would also lose "privileges" of bringing story books, fancy pencil cases etc.. he would also try lots of other funny punishments on me.. i think what my dad was trying to do was to teach me to be more responsible for myself and hence less forgetful with my belongings.

when other classmates go home with 96/100, their parents will shower them with candies and new toys. my dad would cane me once for each careless mistake i made.

though my work may not be mistake free, but i have a habit to check my work. and now that i am working, i still do that.

there was once, my sisters and i were complaining in front of daddy, who he was the strictest with. i complained that i am the worst treated, since i was the one with the most careless mistakes.. daddy just said, but that helped you right? and he was right. =)



i am really glad that i have a daddy like my daddy. =)
happy birthday daddy! i love you.

No comments: