Monday, September 03, 2012

the ugliest photo of me ever...

TADA! the ugliest photo i will ever post of myself. ^__^


well some of you might already know that i went diving over the weekend and like i confessed in an earlier post, i gave up. but i still went to tioman and the instructor, A, took me for a 10 minutes discovery dive. 

so the boat took us - 3 students (dan, BH and me) and A to a floating platform. since dan was the only one who completed the pool session, A took him down to the waters to complete his lesson while me and BH watch and waited. after 20 mins it was finally my turn. 

so i gear up and check all my equipments and did a giant stride entry.. one of my fins dropped out.. kuakuakua.. so after frantically saving the fin and putting them back on, i was ready to descend. 

since it was a discovery dive, the instructor would be doing everything for me except for mask clearing, breathe and dive for me. sounds pretty simple but i am scared like hell.

there was a rope tied to the platform to assist newbies to descend. every 2 pulls i have to equalise myself. and after equalising, A would handsign to ask if i am ok. in return i will show him the ok sign. 



pic taken from here

after numerous pulls and still not reaching the bottom. i looked down and still do not see the bottom. fear seeped in. suddenly i have an irrational fear of being in the water. so when A asked if i am ok, i showed him the thumbs up sign - i want to go up. 

thinking that i might have mixed up my signs, he showed me the thumbs down sign - go down. and then i thumbs up again. so we ascend by one pull and i equalised. but i was still feeling uncomfortable around the mask area and showed him the thumbs up sign again. A being A, wont give up without a last fight, showed me the thumbs down sign again. lol. too bad, i really just want to get out of the water at that point of time and with 2 kicks of the fins we were at the surface already. =S

ok, i admit i really felt silly at that point of time - i am only at shallow part of the water only........ lol

once reaching the surface, 
i said : huh, i am so near the surface arh!?
A : yah! you are only at 2 metres only! 
embarrassed much : i pull so much already still at 2 metres?!
A : yah! so you want to go down again anots?
embarrassed + silly : ok.

see, have been typing so much and i am still at the surface of the water.. geez... 

so after adjusting my mask, we descend again. 

on the journey down, i had thoughts of giving up. but i 咬紧牙根 and trusted A and myself that i will surely make it back up. after what felt like forever we reached the bottom. 

the feeling was surreal. after years of talking about it, i am finally underwater - listening to the breathing and bubbles noise, watching little fishes busy with their day right in front of my eyes. the feeling was nice. so nice that i forgot to breathe. so smart. 

after awhile being awe by the little creatures, my stupid brain reminded me where i was - 8 metres underwater. fear crept in again. 

A was busy showing me all the hidden creatures and i was busy breathing in hard and breathing out slowly and lesser than i breath in - so i wont hit bottom like during pool session.. O_o 

after this near death delightful discovery dive, many people kept asking if i would go continue to take the license for it. my answer : not in the near future. 

i am really too scare for this sport. but what might keep me going are the fishes with big eyes hiding behind a rock. they are the cutest thing i ever saw. thank you fishes for making my first dive such a memorable one. 


***


dan asked princess to take photo of him and their other collecgues. diamond came along and tapped the self take icon and we end up taking photos of the 3 of us while dan and others are still posing for photo.. lol.. 



more ppl came "to see jk take photo"

***

No comments: