Monday, May 09, 2011

ARGH...

was on the train and a little boy siting on his father's lap was beside me. the boy was fidgeting and his family was trying to scare him into behaving by telling that there are policemen on the train who catch small naughty boys.

after a few failed attempts, the father said, later you knock into jie jie, she will scold you. she is very fierce.

what? there i was sitting there quietly minding my own business and suddenly i being used to instill fear into your son? nothing irks me more than this.

i may have no child of my own now but still i dont think that is right. a child should be taught to understand things and not fear into doing things. they are cute but still they need to be taught to be obedient. parents are responsible for the upbringing of the child - not the teachers, not the policeman, not the fierce stranger on the train.

its easy to say but how to do it, i dunno. maybe i will know when i have a child of my own and i hope i will never have to use the fierce stranger on the street to discipline my child because that would just show that i am a parent who have failed to discipline my child properly.

just right after the fierce stranger came into the story, stomache and tears came along too. -_-"

No comments: